Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cosmetics over jewellery! :)

Guys always say that girls LOVE jewellery. It is TRUE. But I think girls would love cosmetics more. That's IN MY OPINION! :p

I've selected only a few to recommend because if I go on with every single product I use. I'd have to type on about HOW I actually use it and mix and match everything that looks so contradicting but will still turn out super nice lor. So here goes!


A new addition to my cosmetics collection. I don't like the pen silver eyeliner which is from KATE also. So I decided to use the silver CREAM eyeliner from KATE. I am a very super loyal KATE fan. Haha. And it's because it's awesome. :p I also use the super fine Kate liquid eyeliner which I cannot find the picture online so I'm not gonna talk about it. 


Right before I dap on the juicy Lip Gloss from Benefit (picture below), I apply the Nivea Repair and Protection balm on my lips. Mainly because I have dry lips and if I were to apply the Lip Gloss on my lips directly, after a meal or when I wipe my lips with a piece or tissue/wet tissue, my lips will have super visible skin peeling off. Which is rather hard to handle when you're in public and reapplication of the Lip Gloss doesn't help cover the peeled skin on your lips. :D

  • Effectively protects sensitive lips before they crack.
  • Strengthen lip skin barrier functions.
  • Contains natural ingredients: Bisabolol and shea butter.


Then this is my absolutely FAVOURITE Lip Gloss, "Her Glossiness". I have FAT lips, some sees it as a gift, some labels it as a flaw. But I like my lips, mind you. In my opinion, if FAT lips were a flaw, people wouldn't be inventing "Lip Plump" glosses and other kinda products that makes your lips look fatter, no? :p So I see it as a gift. 

The colour I use is very light and natural on the lips. It's rather a cross between pink and peach. So yeah, if you'd like to try it out. Head to any Benefit Cosmetics Corner and make your selection! :) I'm using - Benefit "Her Glossiness" life on the A list. It's seriously a VERY lovely colour. Try it! :D

And as a make up base or foundation or whatever you call it. I like creamy ones and liquid based but it's hard to apply liquid base foundation on-the-go, like when you're out in public and you'd like a little touch up, it'd be really ugly if you just pull out the tube of liquid based foundation from you hadbag and start squuezing it from the tube. That's if you are ALSO using Maybelline's liquid based foundation which doesn't come in a very chio packaging. Unlike the ones in Stage and all. 

So for this Benefit foundation. I like it because it is not too powdery when you dab it on and smudge it around your face. I don't know if those are the RIGHT words to use, 'cause I'm not an expert in this whole explaining thing. :p It looks superbly natural, and it's easy to carry around. :) Also another Benefit product! 

And for a person like me (most teenagers), I barely sleep. I don't get sufficient sleep and I tend to have horrible cases of eyebags or dark-circles! So as I was walking pass the Dior counter, I was checking out the mascaras and then the make-up artist asked whether he could use my face as a make up experiment thingy or whatever, but he's a very nice guy. :) And he recommended the Dior SkinFlash which I love super duper uber much now. It works magic! I assure you! But one thing about it that I DO NOT like, is the fact that it takes uber long to ooze out. And sometimes you get impatient and twist it one or two more rounds, then too much of the magic oozes out and you have no where else to apply it on. But other than that, it works magic and I love it! So go get one! It's only RM120. Cheap kan?! :)



I have always been complaining that I have super duper short eyelashes. And there was one time when Jamie and I went to Queensbay Mall and they had this roadshow thingy promoting the mascara. So we went to try and then I fell in love with it. As usual, I fall in love with cosmetics like the moment I lay eyes on it. Argh, this habit is getting very annoying as I DON'T always have the money to get what I want. 

Anyways, this Diorshow Iconic Mascara curls your lashes instantaneously without even needing an eyelash curler around you! How convenient and awesome is that?! That's why I use it, maybe you're cursing and saying "Stupid lazy girl intro mascara for lazy people to use. Eatshitgodie!" But I honestly think that it is worth investing! Because it is mad nice and I love it. I've tried Majorica Majorlica whatever kiki-kaka mascare with the fiberwig. But the fiberwig tends to fall on your face and then ruin your entire effort of even applying foundation. Not that I'm trashing it, it DOES look good but the only flaw is that it's not really suitable for me as I love going to places with strong winds and I always have my hair sweeping over my eyelashes. So I prefer Dior. :p It's everyone's own opinion and I'm just voicing mine. NOT rating anything. :p


I also use this Diorshow Blackout Mascara. If I'm not mistaken it SHOULD be RM98/RM90. I can't remember. But this one is suitable for people who has darker eye make-up. Smoky eyes especially! And it lasts for like 2 whole days! Because I had it on my lashes and I didn't sleep for one whole night and had a continuous outing for 2 whole days and it just stayed there like I just re-applied it on my lashes, which obviously I did not. So yeah, it's another awesome ones.

Come to think of it I'm getting pretty thick-skinned by saying that everything I use is just pure awesome and nothing less than great or awesome. Haha. Oh well. . 


Fake eyelashes, I'm not too pro about this. Because I'm still a newbie in applying the fake eyelashes and sometimes I fail so badly it looks like a hurricane just hit me and all that went wrong was my eyelash application. :p

But currently I am using 2 types of eyelashes. One is the more common one that you can find in any cosmetic store, SASA for example. 'Cause I got it there! :p For RM30. 
But I do like the Shu Uemura one MORE. So go check it out. :D




To check out more Fake Eyelashes from Shu Uemura, I've attached the link below. It's worth the try! :) So go check it out! 





Ahh, man I must be running outta things to blog about. 
But it's alright. At least now I get to PRETEND to be so damn pro that I can recommend cosmetic products. But it's okay, I shall be thick-skinned and accept ANY criticism from you people which I WONT be reading. HARHAR! :p 

I'm gonna have my roti canai now. Yumm yumm. I miss daddy and Kar Shing already. They're in Bangkok now. But at least I have a few days off from being a completely horrible sister that snatches the TV remote and laptop from my brother and scold him for being a kid. 

Byebye! Till the next post! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment